Who supports my idea of adding smuggling to PSWM?
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
9 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Smuggling Quests
Throughout the star wars universe Crime plays a rather large and important role and even drives the economy on certain planets such as the Hutt ruled Tatooine and Nal Hutta. The majority of crime in the star wars universe is smuggling, Mainly smuggling spice and guns that is. The planet kessel is where kessel spice is smuggled out of and distributed to the crime lords of different planets like Coruscant (starwars.wikia.com).  I suggest an in depth crime/smuggling system to be implemented into PSWM, where the player can run radiant smuggling missions for a crime boss on Tatooine (maybe even a certain hutt crime boss). The missions could consist of traveling to another planet to pick up a shipment of spice, guns, water, ect... and bringing it back to Tatooine for pay. This sort of thing happens to be rather illegal in the star wars universe so, local authorities would of course be on the lookout. How could this be done? Well a system where police on planets will at random ask to check your inventory would need to be added, and much like normal quest dialog, you could have several options, comply and be have your contraband confiscated, or refuse, and be prepared to run. The smuggling implementation would of course require several new items, like kessel spice, gun shipments, and a few new structures for the crime bosses to operate from, as well as police npcs. I would greatly appreciate it if this idea was looked over, and i thank you for your time, as this post is rather long.

Sources:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Smuggler
Really diggin the idea, we do have plans to create some manner of smuggling/illicit business questing and these are all some great ideas.  We do plan on adding Kessel as well as spice (Parzi has read the whole Jedi Academy trilogy of books and I have begun reading the first one) and we really like that time as well as Kessel in general and what it could be potentially used for in the mod.
(02-28-2017, 10:48 PM)Weaston Wrote: Really diggin the idea, we do have plans to create some manner of smuggling/illicit business questing and these are all some great ideas.  We do plan on adding Kessel as well as spice (Parzi has read the whole Jedi Academy trilogy of books and I have begun reading the first one) and we really like that time as well as Kessel in general and what it could be potentially used for in the mod
Awesome, i cant wait to see what you guys come up with, and i might just have to read those books myself, Im happy that you liked the idea. I really love the mod so far and figured i might as well suggest anything i can to possibly help you guys with ideas. Keep up the good work!
I agree with Shortmay, and I also think it would be cool, although difficult to smuggle actual people off world of Imperial prisons, in addition to weapons or items, to to the rebellion, or vice versa. Even a third party. I was just thinking of that Clone Wars episode where Cad Bane traded Ziro the Hut for the senators who were taken hostage. NOT that extreme, but something along those lines. But spices first, people next. Actual people might be difficult since they may have to follow you. I think the spices and Kessel are the places to start. Maybe in the far future, you guys can do this