• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server economy: shortage of coins
When we played about 2 month (average online is 40 players everyday) - there was no imperial credits on planets, because players find and clear all dungeons. No imperial credits - no purchase from Tatooine merchants, no starships, hyperdrives and so on. New players who joined server after 2 month from server opening have no chance to play... Our solution was to add chests that sell imperial credits (in 1.2.1 and 1.3.3).

Have you any suggestions about life time of dungeons and economy? 
Maybe:
  • some auto refresh imperial credits in dungeons
  • some work for players or unlimited quests that can bring imperial credits to player. 

Main goal is to create a server economy with long lifetime (about 1 year and more)...

There was an answer, i just leave it here:
Parzi (minecraftforum): The questing system in 1.3 (current version 1.3.3) allows for the first wave of questing which is how players get credits since there the loot chests in-world aren't replenished once they are emptied. The amount of quests and new questlines will be expanded throughout the forthcoming releases.
(03-08-2017, 11:50 AM)8bit.Starlight Wrote: Main goal is to create a server economy with long lifetime (about 1 year and more)...

There was an answer, i just leave it here:
Parzi (minecraftforum): The questing system in 1.3 (current version 1.3.3) allows for the first wave of questing which is how players get credits since there the loot chests in-world aren't replenished once they are emptied. The amount of quests and new questlines will be expanded throughout the forthcoming releases.

We've thought about this a lot and in addition to the questlines giving coins we thought maybe even have small side quests for each faction that would be forever usable and grindable for some low amount of coins.  But, we also are thinking about a way to sell items you have or get, basically a more full fledged merchant system allowing buying and selling transactions for all items like guns and armor and such.  We also will at some point (if not in 2.0, more than likely in 2.1) be putting in a bounty hunting system that will allow for taking up a rotating stack of quests/missions for credits and loot, which then would of course we helpful with the whole selling stuff back to merchants thing.  We're definitely thinking about having quests that are less tied to a specific questline per-say and more just like side missions for money, stuff like being a smuggler, bounty hunter, etc.  We also have an arena in the works where players will be able to fight for money and potentially even have a betting system.  Long answer is all that, short answer is yes we agree and we will be taking steps to move away from loot chests until eventually there are many ways to procure, earn, and use your money.
Thank you a lot for your detailed answer!

Also I can suggest one small helpful thing: in 1.21 we can exchange 1 silver  coin to 9 bronze coin (and so on) and another way we can exchange 9 bronze to 1 silver. 
Currency exchange is very helpful thing in economy, but in 1.3 there were no manual currency exchange: gold and silver coins are exchanges automatically while player buys something from merchant. And there are no way to consolidate many bronze coins into silver coins.

So can you in 2.0 make some exchange mechaniks that allow this (like in 1.21).

Another suggestion: we need some mechanism to trade between players. For example: I have 128 blocks of quartz and I want 40 silver coins from another player. How can we exchange? If I throw all my quartz, another player can go away with he's coins and my quartz. And I get no money and have no quartz. 

There are couple of plugins with exchange mechaniks, but all of them need some own currency that added to server. Digital currency, but not natural currency (like items-coins in SW). Becausewhy this plugins can not be used.

So, what do you think about safe trading between players? They will be excited Wink 
(I know it because there were many exchange cheaters on our PSWM server)
(03-15-2017, 02:14 PM)8bit.Starlight Wrote: Thank you a lot for your detailed answer!

Also I can suggest one small helpful thing: in 1.21 we can exchange 1 silver  coin to 9 bronze coin (and so on) and another way we can exchange 9 bronze to 1 silver. 
Currency exchange is very helpful thing in economy, but in 1.3 there were no manual currency exchange: gold and silver coins are exchanges automatically while player buys something from merchant. And there are no way to consolidate many bronze coins into silver coins.

You were able to consolidate coins at some point, and if i remember correctly it still is in the mod, but if not then we'll bring it back.  As for the other exchange system, probably not just because we can't plan nor do we want to for full user-based consumer interactions as this would take time away from adding other meaningful features.  I mean it's possible if we can find a nice way to do it quickly, but it's definitely not at the top of our list.