Smuggler/Crime Dens
33.33%
None
0%
12 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dungeons
In vanilla Minecraft they have those mine shafts, libraries, and dungeons that contain treasures. So why not add something like that in the mod?

Instead of the things I mentioned have Sith Tombs, Jedi Temples, and Smuggler/Crime Dens. Some abandoned some not. Maybe have quests involving them? Like retrieve an item.

Sith Tombs:
The Sith Tombs would have to be mainly on Korriban. Possibly on other planets but you'd have to look that up. Mobs inside could be Imperials and/or Sith trying to recover lost knowledge, artifacts, and what not. Creatures that now live or protect there like the K'lor'slug. There could also be looters trying to make a profit. Now the treasure should be like.. a Sith lightsaber or parts for one. Quest items too. Considering the tombs from SWTOR games I've played (all 3) there should a chance for traps. That trap you, summon a creature(s), or destroy the treasure/tomb.

Jedi Temples:
Next. The Jedi Temples. Planet wise I believe they're on peaceful, untouched planets. I think. The mobs. Probably just Jedi. Maybe looters and creatures? or something like Jedi Training Droids. The treasure is just Jedi lightsabers, parts, and quest items. Now these Temples should probably have parkour and training droids. To test your skills in the force and what not. 

Smuggler/Crime Dens:
And finally the dens. On planets with crime obviously. Mobs are Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Gangsters, Mercenaries, and such. Maybe some people or animals in cages or cells. The treasure is stolen goods. Like money, blasters, spices, and quest items. The buildings should probably be hidden or a ship. Maybe a trap like explosives and turrets.
This idea is more on the content side rather than a new feature... but still, I like the idea - especially the sith tombs. Being able to travel to Korriban on your space ship and raid abandoned and destroyed sith tombs will certainly be an awesome experience.
(03-04-2017, 11:19 PM)Noot4Noot Wrote: In vanilla Minecraft they have those mine shafts, libraries, and dungeons that contain treasures. So why not add something like that in the mod?

Instead of the things I mentioned have Sith Tombs, Jedi Temples, and Smuggler/Crime Dens. Some abandoned some not. Maybe have quests involving them? Like retrieve an item.

We're definitely moving more towards this, in fact we have a new structure generation system in the 1.11 version that'll make us able to make more specific structures and thus quests, so you should see something better from the smaller structures like this, as well as them being more frequent
(03-05-2017, 12:57 AM)Weaston Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 11:19 PM)Noot4Noot Wrote: In vanilla Minecraft they have those mine shafts, libraries, and dungeons that contain treasures. So why not add something like that in the mod?

We're definitely moving more towards this, in fact we have a new structure generation system in the 1.11 version that'll make us able to make more specific structures and thus quests, so you should see something better from the smaller structures like this, as well as them being more frequent

Speaking of structure generation. I'm assuming you already know this that's why i'm just plopping it here. But I had a Tusken Raider camp spawn in Mos Eisley. Breaking the two a bit. (mainly the camp). And then the rebel base on Endor was spawned with that imperial shield base. causing rebels not to spawn.

Also another bug i'm sure you know of is the mobs sometimes go in and out of the ground half way.
So we'll be forcing seed with the new system, so i will be manually flushing up structures and how they spawn so you'll never have those problems again thankfully, we were bothered by that too
(03-05-2017, 02:47 AM)Noot4Noot Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 12:57 AM)Weaston Wrote:

Speaking of structure generation. I'm assuming you already know this that's why i'm just plopping it here. But I had a Tusken Raider camp spawn in Mos Eisley. Breaking the two a bit. (mainly the camp). And then the rebel base on Endor was spawned with that imperial shield base. causing rebels not to spawn.

Also another bug i'm sure you know of is the mobs sometimes go in and out of the ground half way.

This is essentially the exact reason we're moving towards this new system: it's faster, more reliable, and allows us to make integrated structures that are completely seamless in the environment